Since we have to remain closed for a longer period of time as instructed by the Dutch Government, we offer the possibility to temporarily pause your membership during the extended closure from May 1st until May 20th, 2020. During the pause you do not pay for your membership.
You have to request the pause of the membership direct debit via the SwimGym website before April 28th, 2020. This to be able to correct in time the direct debit for May. You will receive a confirmation. Unless communicated otherwise by SwimGym, the direct debit will resume proportionally on May 20th (or earlier date if SwimGym is allowed to reopen).
For yearly memberships the contract end date will be extended with the period of the pause (during the directe debit pause you do not pay for your membership).
You need to have an active membership to be eligible for this membership direct debit pause. Members who have cancelled their membership or have any open payments are excluded from this pause.
If the Dutch government decides to extend the end date of the closure again, SwimGym will inform you about a potential additional arrangement.
Pause of your membership direct debit is possible under the following conditions:
- The direct debit pause is only to compensate for the instructed closure by the government from May 1st until May 20th, 2020. If the closing date is subsequently extended again, SwimGym can extend the pause but is not obliged to do so.
- Member can pause the direct debit only on request via SwimGym website before April 28th 2020. Pause starts after approval and confirmation SwimGym. Requests after April 28th cannot be processed for the period May 1st until May 20th, 2020. In this case payment for the upcoming membership period must be paid.
- You do not have to pay for your membership during the approved pause period. The direct debit will resume, unless otherwise communicated by SwimGym, after this extended closure. Any membership remainder of the month follows proportionally by direct debit (resume will be earlier if SwimGym is allowed to reopen before the extended closere end date).
- For yearly memberships the contract end date will be extended with the period of the pause.
- An active membership, have not canceled or any open payments. Memberships that have already been paused (due to long-term illness or pregnancy) are excluded from this direct debit pause.
- Pause will not be granted retroactively.
- Start and end dates cannot be changed.
- You cannot cancel the SwimGym membership during the pause. If so, the direct debit pause will lapse and you will still owe the entire month fee for your membership.
- In the event of late payment, the pause will discontinue. If so, the scheme will lapse and you will still owe the entire month fee for your membership.
- During the pause the membership agreement and the Terms and Conditions SwimGym Pools remain applicable.
- SwimGym reserves all rights. The right to adjust the scheme at any time and to reject applications without stating reasons.